September 8, 2020
The Peters Township School Board has revised their Extracurricular Health & Safety Plan. This document will guide our district in continuing with Student Activities and Athletics during the current pandemic and provide instruction for the safe return to extracurriculars for our athletic teams.
Practice Resumes September 9
EVERY student is required to PRINT & TURN IN a signed copy of the revised PTSD Extracurricular Waiver prior to their next practice. Any player who does not complete and turn in the waiver prior to practice will be sent home – no exceptions.
Students and staff must follow all directives will be required for all students and staff:
Travel – Under current guidance from the PA Department of Health and regional Health Departments, anyone who travels out-of-state to “an area where there are high amounts of COVID-19 cases” is required to:
- Self-quarantine for 14 calendar days before returning to team activities OR
- Have two COVID-19 tests with documented negative readings at least 48 hours apart
Travel Question – Question to be asked of all staff and students at entry location of facilities as a part of the “Daily Activity COVID-19 Screening:”
- Have you traveled out-of-state in the past 14 days?
- If yes, did you travel to a “Hot-Zone” area, as deemed by the Pennsylvania Department of Health? (Current “Hot-Zones” include: Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Iowa,Kansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Nevada, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, and Texas. These “Hot-Zones” are subject to change.)
Those individuals that traveled to a “Hot-Zone” in the past 14 days, will be asked to leave the team activity immediately.
ALL Student athletes must follow all directives outlined in the Health & Safety Plan, the Participation Waiver AND below:
- Anyone that is sick is required to stay home!
- Each student will be required to complete a health screening prior to team activities (temperature check and COVID-19 questions).
- Each student will be required to wash hands / hand sanitize prior to and following team activities.
- Students should maintain proper social distancing when feasible.
- No personal items can be shared.
- Students must bring water, water bottles and face coverings to each workout. Please include students name on their water bottles and face coverings!
- When not engaged in vigorous activities, students must wear face coverings. (This includes to and from vehicles and during team meetings).
- Extra-Curricular related activities are limited to student, participants, coaches, sponsors, officials, and staff only.
- Spectators will not be permitted.
- Activities that increase the risk of exposure to saliva are prohibited including chewing gum, spitting, licking fingers, and eating sunflower seeds.
- Avoid shaking hands, fist bumps, or high fives before, during or after events. Limit unnecessary physical contact with teammates, other participants, coaches, staff, and officials.
- Follow all entry and exits plans from each facility.
- Students are not permitted to congregate so as to avoid crowding during pick up and drop off.
- Parents dropping off and picking up students should remain outside of facilities. Parents are not permitted to enter the facility.
For the health and safety of all of the coaching staff and players, it is IMPORTANT that these guidelines are followed.
If you have any questions, please contact Coach Plack at email@example.com